Table of Contents
Experience scheduling automation for yourself!
Create a Calendly account in seconds.
A social media holiday calendar can help inspire ideas for social media posts throughout the year. There are dozens of major and obscure social media holidays throughout the year you might be missing. Marketers can join the holiday hashtag party to find new followers and generate creative post ideas.
How to use this social media holiday calendar
Not all of these holidays will be a good fit for your business, and you don't want to create posts that don't move your relationship with customers forward. Keep your focus on building relationships and showing your business in a positive light.
For example, wishing your audience a "Happy National Pizza Day" won't accomplish much. Instead, use the holiday as inspiration to connect creatively with your audience, such as:
Create a poll: Does pineapple belong on pizza?
Invite photos: Show us your pizza today!
Share a relatable picture of your staff enjoying their pizza party to create a feeling of connection.
Sponsor a quick contest with pizza delivery as a surprise. To enter, people might share a post about your business, tell you how they use your product, tag a friend, or like the post.
We give lots more examples of how to use these holidays in your marketing in the calendar below. Use those examples to jog your creativity and tailor our ideas to your industry, audience, and brand image.
Webinar: Getting started with Calendly
New to Calendly? Join this webinar to learn how to get started with help directly from the experts!
The social media holiday calendar
Note: These dates are for 2021. Some holidays recur on the same date, others on a specific day like the 3rd Monday of the month.
National Trivia Day on January 4th is a great opportunity to share trivia about your business or industry. #Gettoknowyourcustomersday is a great excuse to ask questions, boost engagement, or ask your customers to share how they use your products or services.
1. New Year's Day #NewYearsDay
2. Science Fiction Day #ScienceFictionDay
4. National Trivia Day #NationalTriviaDay
5. National Bird Day #NationalBirdDay
11. Human Trafficking Awareness Day #HumanTraffickingDay
11. Clean Off Your Desk Day #CleanOffYourDeskDay
15. National Hat Day #NationalHatDay
18. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Third Monday of January) #MLKDay
20. Cheese Lovers Day #CheeseLoversDay
21. National Hugging Day #NationalHuggingDay
21. Get to Know Your Customers Day (third Thursday of every quarter) #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
23. National Pie Day #PieDay
24. National Compliment Day #NationalComplimentDay
25. Opposite Day #OppositeDay
25. Community Manager Appreciation Day (Last Monday of January) #CMAD
28. Data Privacy Day #PrivacyAware
February is Black History Month, which is a great time to showcase your support for diversity in your industry. Valentines Day is the major holiday associated with the month, but you might also want to celebrate your founder on Inventor's Day or invite your customers to share pet photos on Love Your Pet Day.
1-28. Black History Month #blackhistorymonth #blackhistory
2. Groundhog Day #GroundhogDay
4. World Cancer Day #WorldCancerDay
5. National Weatherperson’s Day #NationalWeatherpersonsDay
7. Super Bowl LV (Varies each year based on the U.S. Football season) #SBLV #SuperBowlSunday #SuperBowl
7. National Send a Card to a Friend Day #SendACardToAFriendDay
8. National Boy Scouts Day #BoyScoutsDay
9. National Pizza Day #NationalPizzaDay
9. Safer Internet Day #SID202111. Inventors Day #InventorsDay
12. Chinese New Year #ChineseNewYear14. Valentine's Day #ValentinesDay
15. Presidents Day (Third Monday of February) #PresidentsDay
16. Mardi Gras #MardiGras
17. Random Acts of Kindness Day #RandomActsOfKindnessDay
18. National Battery Day #NationalBatteryDay
20. World Day of Social Justice #SocialJusticeDay
20. Love Your Pet Day #LoveYourPetDay
21. International Mother Language Day #IMLD
In March, you can use National Employee Appreciation Day to recognize your amazing staff. International Women's Day is a great opportunity to showcase your work on gender equality issues. On World Storytelling Day, enthrall everyone with the story of your company's founding.
2. National Read Across America Day #ReadAcrossAmerica & #DrSeuss
3. World Wildlife Day #WorldWildlifeDay
4. National Grammar Day #NationalGrammarDay
5. National Employee Appreciation Day (First Friday of March) #EmployeeAppreciationDay
5. National Day of Unplugging (First Friday of March) #NationalDayOfUnplugging
6. National Dentist's Day #DentistsDay
7. National Be Heard Day #NationalBeHeardDay
7. National Cereal Day #NationalCerealDay
8. International Women's Day #BeBoldForChange
10. National Pack Your Lunch Day #NationalPackYourLunchDay
10. National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day #NWGHAAD
11. National Worship of Tools Day #WorshipOfToolsDay
11. Popcorn Lovers Day #PopcornLoversDay
12. National Girl Scout Day #GirlScoutDay
14. Potato Chip Day #NationalPotatoChipDay
14. Pi Day #PiDay
14. Daylight Savings #DaylightSavings
15. National Napping Day #NationalNappingDay
15. World Consumer Rights Day #WorldConsumerRightsDay
16. National Freedom of Information Day #FreedomOfInformationDay
17. St. Patrick's Day #StPatricksDay
18. Awkward Moments Day #NationalAwkwardMomentsDay
19. National Let's Laugh Day #NationalLetsLaughDay
19. World Sleep Day #WorldSleepDay
20. International Day of Happiness #InternationalDayofHappiness
20. World Storytelling Day #WorldStorytellingDay
20. First Day of Spring #FirstDayofSpring
21. International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination #RacialDiscriminationDay
21. World Poetry Day #WorldPoetryDay
22. World Water Day #WorldWaterDay
23. National Puppy Day #NationalPuppyDay26. National Spinach Day #NationalSpinachDay
26. Purple Day #PurpleDay
27. Earth Hour Day #EarthHour
30. Doctors' Day #NationalDoctorsDay
30. National Take a Walk in the Park Day #NationalWalkInTheParkDay
31. World Backup Day #WorldBackupDay
31. Transgender Day of Visibility #TDOV
31. Equal Pay Day #EqualPayDay
Candid snapshots of your staff participating in National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day or Take Our Sons and Daughters to Work Day could help you connect with your customers (but make sure you have your staff's permission to post them).
1-30. National Stress Awareness Month
1. April Fools’ Day #AprilFools
2. World Autism Awareness Day #WAAD
3. Find a Rainbow Day #FindARainbowDay
4. Hug a Newsperson Day #HugANewsperson